I tried to give DS9 a chance, I really did, just because of TNG. I watched like two whole seasons before realizing that I cared absolutly nothing about these characters. Voyager got one full season out of me and Enterprise about 4 episodes before I gave up. Beavis And Butthead ..err...Berman and Braga should have been axed a long time ago, I think it is too late to save the franchise now, and I am not sure anyone has the vision to do so in any case.

Babylon 5 lost me when they had the giant copout on the whole shadow war. There was the great climax they were reaching, everything was moving towards a resolution, and then the way it finished was so terrible it made my head spin. I'll avoid details to avoid spoiling people who are planning on seeing it, but the people who watched it know what I am talking about. In one episode I went from a rabid fan to never watching another episode of it. The interesting part of the series died with that episode, leaving all the crappy human goverment stories to fill the rest of the series. No thanks.

Good sci-fi tv shows seems to be few and far between. It's sad really, there is so much potential there for good shows, but no one seems both willing and able to do it right.