but insulting non-Christians by calling them "crazy" is as un-Christlike an attitude as I can come up with
I don't want to start something here, but I can't agree with that statement.
I honestly never saw you disagree with me, really. You did say
Because I see a lot of Christian-like behavior all the time. That pilot displayed some. But not a lot of Christ-like behavior to be found.
Which I'd agree with, or at least I understand. Remember, though, as has been said before, Christians not displaying Christ-like behavior are more likely to make the news than those that do.

I also should mention that I don't know specifics about Operation Rescue or Focus on the Family, so I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with those examples. I’m familiar with FoF, but haven’t ever heard anything that indicates they despise gay people (though they do regard homosexuality as sin)- but even at that I’m not ready to speak in defense of FoF either as I’m not intimately familiar with their ministry. However, I've known plenty of "Christians" who seem to think it's OK to hate gay people so your point still stands.

For the record, though, most Christians that I know regularly display what I’d consider to be very Christlike behavior. It's those I hear about on TV who don't.