But if good Christians don't want to be associated with these people, I think they need to denounce them.
Well that is what I was trying to do in my initial post. And I explicitly used the term "Christlike" for the reasons you mentioned.

Now, televangelists are Christian.
I should point out that not all televangelists are crummy people. There are at least a few who get on the airwaves and share their faith with integrity and conviction without the intent of personal profit. Unfortunately it is truly a formidable task to separate out these, as the vast majority of televangelists are not worth listening to.

Nor do I believe that all Christians think that everyone but them is going to hell...
Actually I think most Christians do believe this, and in fact is consistent with being “Christlike”. Jesus himself spoke of hell and of people going there. But I’d really rather not debate that point- it is a matter of theology and belief more than action. It is one thing to believe that people are going to hell because that is what you think the bible teaches; it is quite another to use this as an excuse to abuse them, call them names, and act superior over them. While He spoke of hell with sadness, the only people Jesus ever used harsh words with were the religious hypocrites of the day who were more concerned with following a portion of the law they’d identified as important and using it to treat fellow humans very badly than loving others as God had (also) commanded.

Ok, so you might find a Christian belief of hell to be morally repulsive and I can totally understand that. There really isn’t any way to resolve a conflict over beliefs about reality, especially in a country where freedom of belief is supposed to be encouraged. However, a belief in hell is no excuse for treating others badly.