I uderstand where you're coming from, and I think you did misunderstand me just a little. But you probably still won't like this:

I would define "Christlike" behavior as behavior similar to that of Christ. Pretty simple.

I would define "Christian behavior" as the behavior exhibited by Christians. Again, pretty simple.

Now, televangelists are Christian. As are the Catholic priests accused of and guilty of sexual crimes. As are those who "go around telling the rest of the world they are going to hell".

Are they good Christians? Even though I'm not Christian at all, I'm gonna say "No".

But this doesn't make them not Christian.

Maybe we're talking semantics, but to me the behavior of one who is Christian would be "Christian behavior". I'm making no judgement call there. Nor am I saying that these actions represent normal behavior by Christians.

However, you have to admit that there are Christians who act in these ways, and that does influence how others see Christians as a whole. Just as the behavior of a very small fraction of the world's Muslim population has influenced how people look at Muslims as a whole.

I don't believe that all Catholic priests want to sleep with altarboys. Nor do I believe that all Muslims want to "blow up the infidels". Nor do I believe that all Christians think that everyone but them is going to hell...

I agree with you: I'm disgusted by these people (the Catholic priests, the televangelists, etc.) and I'm not even Christian. I can't imagine how bad it must be for you. But if good Christians don't want to be associated with these people, I think they need to denounce them. Not only in their heart, but in the media.

It might help those of us who aren't in the loop to understand if we see both sides.