1) Catholic churches typically have the suffering christ on the cross over the altar, while most Protestant churches simply have the cross without Jesus. Note, I took his word on this, I don't know if this is true or typical.
Totally true. Christ still on the cross is called a “crucifix” and is definitely non-protestant. Protestants often accuse Catholics of “leaving Christ on the Cross” and emphasizing His death more than His resurrection. Personally, I think this is a silly distinction. It may point to some underlying theological difference the way most protestants accuse, but I have to think it is more cultural than theological in significance. And I see plenty of pictures of Christ on the Cross in protestant churches.

2) Catholicism tends to stress the blood sacrifice that Christ has made is *the* final and most important one that God required and that it covers all of our future sins. Protestantism tends to stress the "New Covenant" part of the deal with less stress on the basis in pagan blood sacrifice ritual.
I won’t agree with calling the crucifixion a “pagan blood sacrifice ritual”, but both Catholic and Protestant churches affirm alike that Christ’s sacrifice was the fulfillment of the OT sacrificial system and is therefore part of the “New Covenant”. Additionally protestant churches often (and correctly) state that the blood of Christ is the final, permanent sacrifice that accomplished what OT sacrifices could not, including the forgiveness for all sin, past present and future. So I don’t think this distinction is accurate distinction between the two faiths.

Not for the sake of full disclosure that I am a protestant and know far more about protestant believes than I do Catholic.