Well its been a good 3 or 4 months that I have had this puppy. I am STILL having fun. While I am not quite as giddy about it as the day I got it.. wait.. I take that back. I am still as giddy.

By now a few more friends have had the chance to play with it as well. I find that every one of them is awed about either the graphics, or the fact that it has a ton of music available.. but for some reason not many are in awe of both the graphics and the storage space. But I am. I find that interesting myself..

My unit does have a quirk, but I really suspect that it stems from my install. Most of the time my unit shuts down just fine. Once in a while I get the loud POP at powerdown, where the unit does not shut down gracefully. This is not a fault in my unit, I am convinced.

I work in a bad part of town and trust that my car will be okay in our parking lot. Only we have had some cars broken in to and stereo decks stolen in the past. This will never happen to me because I remove my deck and bring it inside. It sits on my desk all safe and sound. This is probably one of the best, and often overlooked features of the empeg.

I had to go to Houston again a few weeks ago. The empeg really makes that 4 hour highway drive nice. Lets face it, in an area where the only thing on the radio is farm reports and pork belly futures, even a high end FM receiver fails miserably. My empeg lets me blow right through those backwood po-dump towns with a smile.

If you are serious about music then this is the car toy for you. It hasn't helped me score with the ladies or brought me fame and fortune (I guess I need to re-think my master plan) but it has made me the envy of some of my friends. While the price will keep it out of most peoples hands, those of us that 'get it' are probably completely satisfied.

Carl

080000506 12gb-green