I've replaced Java runtime with 1.4.0_03, but that didn't do the trick (at least not by itself).

I then shut down my Win2K DHCP (and physically unplugged it from the network to make real sure I wasn't getting an address from it) and turned on the DHCP from the default RIO server. It now works. What I need to know now is how to find out what the difference between the Win2K and the RIO DHCP server is. A way to see what DHCP settings the RIO got would be very useful. Keeping my Win2K DHCP server shut down is not a viable long term solution.

The synchronous playing is awfully cool. A little delicate (the units easily get confused, or locked, or stop making sound although the screen still shows the song playing and the time ticking away, or I've also managed to steal the lead away from the "master" rio to one of the "slaves" several times).

One issue I have is that I usually use a home built music server that I can run as a Win2K service on my domain controller. That way, my music works without anyone needing to be logged in, and autorestarts after a power interruption. Anyone know of a way to run a java application like this as a service on win2k? Failing that, is the interface between the trio client and server documented? As a last resort, I could (yech) reimplement the server as a C++ app that I could fold into my home brew server.

One final note is that this is working also for 2 receivers that are NOT on the same switch as the server, but are daisychained one switch away from the server.

Anyway, great job!