Quote:
And DVD's? Well you won't believe it...
Try it....you'll like it.....

I wasn't suggesting that I did most of my viewing on VHS, we keep an old one for old tapes, we have quality DVD players in 2 rooms and a superstore cheapo in a 3rd, with PC's to play them elsewhere.

I tried transcribing my complete Monty Python Collection on to hard disk, which demonstrated how poor the VHS we put up with really was!

Why is it the US has the complete Monty Python on DVD and we don't? I'm not sure I'll buy it when it comes here, by now, I want to pick out favourite sketches rather than play whole episodes, which is why I wanted to put it on hard disk. As with artists' C.D's, other people's best of selections wouldn't always be my choice.

I think most people have a DVD player, my remarks were specifically about VHS v. DVD recorders. My recordings are done on digital terrestial to 3 tuners and two slave tuners, we can therefore, in theory, record every programme on every multiplex, although I've not yet tried past nine. Over the next couple of months, I should be able to network all those tuners for greater flexibility, the software is at the beta stage at the moment.

We also have Sky+ satellite, but I'm hoping to phase it out as the terrestial is perfected, we pay a lot of money for very little use: I think satellite here is only worthwhile if you are in to sport.