Has anyone else tried out the RTM build of vista yet? I downloaded it on Friday and installed promptly.

I've had tons of BSOD in every single beta release, at the RC2 milestone they removed the text from the BSOD screen. Under the RTM build, I'm still having spontaneous BSOD's, it seems like they're completely random. I've been playing BF2 for hours, without a single problem, so I'm pretty sure it's not the ATI video drivers. I have a hauppauge 250 card, which I'm guessing the the root of my problems, but vista will still crash while MCE is not active. Half the time it will crash while browsing various websites like engadget, g'news, the empegbbs, etc. Other times it will crash when closing an application (like task manager for example).

Is there any other tools I can use to help figure out where this problem is coming from?

I just received an awesome response from the Problems and Solutions app, the problem will be fixed in a future build of vista.

Anyways, I figured because we have our own resident microsoft employee, i'd see what Tony thought.

I'm also attaching a few pictures of the crashes I've experienced.

Problems and Solutions list

Attachments
290757-Untitled1.jpg (188 downloads)

Edited by oliver (22/11/2006 01:33)