Quote:
Quote:
I'm positive it's RDP related, as after 8-12 hours of sleep my computer will turn the monitors into powersave mode. I can move the mouse or hit any key and it will wake up instantly.

It might be related to what I have experienced multiple times now. I left my Vista running machine on and downloading a patch ... Moved the mouse, hit the keyboard, and nothing on screen, just black. Caps lock did work, as it would toggle the state, but nothing happened. Finally went to power cycle the box, and hitting the power button caused the machine to then decide to display something, right before starting the normal shutdown sequence ... The only non Vista included driver the system runs is the ATI video driver, and such an issue never showed up under XP.

Actually, after watching very closely for the last couple days. My issue isn't directly with RDP, it's most likely just an video driver issue.

I'm guessing it's the ATI video driver now, and with what you've said it's pretty much exactly my issue. I have my displays set to never sleep, so they're on in the morning when I get up and I just hit the power buttons before I goto sleep. The only time they enter the sleep state is when I connect remotely via RDP to my desktop. However, yesturday my PC wasn't in the sleep state when I got back from work even after connecting via RDP all day.

So it's turned into a hit or miss problem. I'm hoping ATI fixes it along with the OpenGL support so I can play some x-plane in vista