Well, Acer is the corporate notebook supplier for the company my girlfriend now works at. The machine is built much better than the Toshiba she had before.

The high-end IBM Thinkpad she had a couple of years ago was by far the best, but none of them come close to the build quality and ruggedness of this 15" aluminum PowerBook. I'm not even talking about the OS now.

Of course the problem I mentioned earlier are caused by these OEMs patching garbage on top of Windows, including custom device drivers and all sorts of other little dodads that are supposed to control their bells and whistles. All those little toys/tools absolutely kill Windows every time. The difference between a notebook and desktop in this regard however, is that you can't do a clean wipe or you will probably lose some of the hardware functionality.

Her company would be better off buying Macbooks and installing Windows via Bootcamp. of course her IT department has issues of its own. They run a Novell network for starters. Hello, 1986 called. They want their netware back.