Quote:

The thing that's pissing me off the most right now is that at some random point after closing the clamshell, the machine will seemingly wake up and start playing some tune. Or just sit there on the desktop ON. The power settings have been taken over by some Acer application (so that you can no longer see the default OS UI for it). But the power option for clamshell close is definitely set to Standby (sleep).

Ah, that is indeed a very annoying problem! I have the very same problem with my travelmate, and it pisses me off immensely too. I've got a habit of doing some late-night surfing in bed before going to sleep, and then I put the machine back in standby mode, besides my bed. Then, all of a sudden, about 10 minutes later when I've *just* fallen asleep, the machine wakes up again and goes *TADAAAAA* (or some tune like that). I almost put my foot in it the first time that happened.

Now I always completely shut the computer off. No more sleep mode for me. I know that's not a true solution, but I don't know what else to do.

If you ever come across a solution for this, I'd be very happy to hear it! Thx!