Quote:
and their support is lousy.

Well, I'd take the position that Apple's support is lousy compared to Dell's. When buying a dell, you can select a Complete Care warranty. You can step on the laptop and break the screen, and they'll be out the next day to fix it. With a Dell Server, they will be out within 4 hours. (Literally. The server knocked a drive out of an array twice, and the new drive was shipped sonic air same day delivery. that's service.)

With apple, the best you're going to get is taking it to the apple store and waiting in line. Well, you might be able to Make An Appointment Online IF we're allowing that for people who didn't buy our $99 extortion fee for the same genius bar service we used to provide for free. Then, you'll drop it off, and they'll fix it in store or ship it to their repair depot. You might get your machine back this week week, or you might get it back in three weeks once we've got the part back in stock. None of this is any use if you dropped it, as coverage for that is not an option.

Apple's software support may be good, but I wouldn't know as I've never tried it.

Matthew