Quote:
I'm positive it's RDP related, as after 8-12 hours of sleep my computer will turn the monitors into powersave mode. I can move the mouse or hit any key and it will wake up instantly.

It might be related to what I have experienced multiple times now. I left my Vista running machine on and downloading a patch for Planetside when I went to the movies today. Came home after, and tried to check on it. Moved the mouse, hit the keyboard, and nothing on screen, just black. Caps lock did work, as it would toggle the state, but nothing happened. Finally went to power cycle the box, and hitting the power button caused the machine to then decide to display something, right before starting the normal shutdown sequence. I've had similar happen before, so it looks like Vista just doesn't like being left alone. The only non Vista included driver the system runs is the ATI video driver, and such an issue never showed up under XP.

Looks like the early adopters get the shaft again with this version of Windows. It's pretty much mirroring my attempt to move to XP early, and I think this time I'm just going to stick with XP, and forget about trying to upgrade my program to be Vista friendly. UAC pretty much kills it anyhow.