It was easy for Google and Android handset makers to move onto something new after late 2007. They simply copied the iPhone. I say that in all seriousness. Most Android phones out there have stolen a large amount of Apple IP, in both physical and software design. LG and Samsung are still releasing handsets today that look like a 3 year old iPhone. It's going to be a while before anyone else has anything as remotely attractive and solid as the iPhone 4.

Had the iPhone not come to market, the phone pictured above would likely have been very similar to marketed Android handsets. Ok, back to Flash...

The link I posted takes a good real-world look at Flash on Android. It's shipping now. Was it worth any kind of wait? I think the author is very generous (toward Adobe) in the way he expresses his "no" sentiment.

The web browsing experience on an iPhone and iPad is still better than on Android with Flash, on websites that feature Flash content. Many webmasters and large corporate sites have come to the conclusion that Flash simply sucks, never mind that it sucks especially bad on a mobile platform. Many sites have already made other arrangements. Personally I try not to browse the web at all on a handset because it mostly sucks, regardless how good the browser is - the screen is just too small for a non-mobile-specific site.

One thing I do want is an equal footing for desktop systems that don't want to run Flash. I long ago changed over to the YouTube HTML5 beta, I just want them and Vimeo (and similar) to make that the default for everyone.