Sorry to hear that, Tony. This is why my next purchase, instead of a new TV, will be a new receiver. That way I'll have all the HDMI coming into the receiver, where all the audio can be handled, and have a single cable to the TV. That will keep all the cabling low and out of the way (with zip ties everywhere), and make it so that the TV can sit on one input and I'll change the input on the receiver instead.

Currently, I have an HDMI switch from Monoprice (they no longer sell it but this is a similar device *edit*oops, looks like they don't sell the one with the TOSLINK in it anymore*/edit*). All my devices go into it. But it also has a handy optical out in addition to the HDMI out. I connect that to my receiver now, which gets me part of the way there.

The only annoyance now is that there seems to be some issues with the audio output of my bluray player when it gets to my old receiver. I guess it's just that the old equipment doesn't understand some of the new standards, and occasionally I get weird things like no dialog (but I get the rest of the audio). Once I fiddle with the bluray player's settings it works, though.

Edited by Dignan (06/09/2010 07:08)