Originally Posted By: drakino

My comparison to extreme evangelicals comes from a similar angle where people take the base cause to such an extreme that they do more harm then good. In no way was meant as an insult to you John, or any of the other religious participants in these boards. It's more aimed at the people who I'm used to seeing in the news due to my time in Colorado Springs, the ones so busy trying to tell other people how to live that they end up somehow forgetting what they preach. John, I have great respect for you because you seem to not only believe in what you do strongly, but you also have made a major life choice to move to where you now reside to help make a difference in that area.

No offense taken. I don't categorize myself an extreme evangelical anyway. Other than the fact that I try to live out the commands in the Bible which has led to a somewhat extreme lifestyle change. I was actually just trying to be funny by showing up as the token Christian and saying "you're going to hell". Hopefully it was taken as the joke that it was.