Originally Posted By: Phoenix42
Matt, I've pinged a Segway owner I know based in NH who maybe able to advise on battery replacement, and maybe able to advise on the best route for selling it as is.

Thanks for that! I appreciate it. I'll be interested in what he says. I was thinking about contacting a local Segway group, they seem to be pretty knowledgeable.

Originally Posted By: Robotic
I wonder if there is a charity that could place it in the hands of someone who, like your father, could use the extra mobility.

That's a good idea. I know that for a while, there was a charity that purchased modified Segways for disabled veterans. Soldiers who had lost limbs, in some cases both legs, could use one to get around. I'll have to see if it's something they'd even want...

Originally Posted By: mlord
I just typed segway battery into the google.ca searchbox, and it suggested several completions.. one of which was rebuild and another was replacement

EDIT: eg. these guys (MTO).

Cool! I might have to give them a call. They're only a couple hours away! I could save on shipping if they let me drive it there personally... I wonder which service I'd need to take them up on...