Originally Posted By: Dignan
Originally Posted By: mlord
I just typed segway battery into the google.ca searchbox, and it suggested several completions.. one of which was rebuild and another was replacement

EDIT: eg. these guys (MTO).

Cool! I might have to give them a call. They're only a couple hours away! I could save on shipping if they let me drive it there personally... I wonder which service I'd need to take them up on...

Mark, you are the man. I spoke with someone there, who said it was perfectly fine to drive up in person (though it would be two trips). It's looking like it could be as little as $250 to recondition both batteries!!

Somewhat similar to what Bruno was saying: the guy I spoke to said that there's a circuit board in each battery that cuts things off if they get too low. He said that they go in and get around that, then charge up the batteries. The length of time they were sitting dead basically determines the success of the procedure and the resulting amount of battery life you get from the Segway. I was told that they recover about 85% of their reconditionings are successful.