Quick update: at some point I'll be taking all of my Segway batteries to MTO. I'm going to try to get the lithium batteries reconditioned at first for the $250 fee. Apparently the "85% success rate" the guy there was talking about means success at getting the batteries working at a capacity that I like. He said that sometimes he's only able to recover around 15% of initial charge. Fortunately for me, some people still want batteries like that, and if I'm not happy with it, he'll buy the batteries off me for $250. I figure I don't really have anything to lose.

Plus, if it works, he'll buy the nickel batteries from me for $100, so at best I'm out $150 and a set of dead NiMH batteries, or $0 and a set of lithiums.

If it's the $0 result, I then have the option of reconditioning the NiMH set for $900, which they claim gets them to a point that's better than out of the factory. It's also half the cost of two brand new lithiums. But that's a huge expense, and I'll have to think about that later.

But thanks again for the MTO suggestion, Mark. I've been to a few Segway forums and they all seem to hold the place in high regard. I think I'm pretty fortunate that I live two hours from them and don't have to pay for super high shipping costs.

Now I wish my Scooba batteries would live a reasonably long time. I've replaced it twice now, and despite using it every two weeks, it still died pretty damn quickly. Apparently the general consensus is that they're pretty bad. Of course, there's one guy on there who was surprised that they didn't last after using the the Scooba three times in 18 months...