Originally Posted By: drakino
If you want to make the iPhone be almost identical to the iPad in setup, use the backup and restore feature. Through iTunes, click the Backup Now button on the iPad. Then when the iPhone is plugged in, pick Restore Backup. It's going to restore the iPhone back to factory defaults, then restore any app and setting from the iPad that is iPhone compatible.

I imagine this would be a problem if the iPad is running iOS 5 and the iPhone iOS 6? I'm not really willing to upgrade the iPad to iOS 6 as well since I've jailbroken this device because I wanted a few things on it that are not available through the App Store. (like VLC, a file browser and SB Settings)

Or if you want to just sync individual apps and not worry about settings, plug the iPhone into the computer, and there should be an Apps tab at the top. You can manage what apps to sync, coming from your local computer.

This is the method I've read about online and have been trying for two hours now, but it doesn't work.
All the tutorials say : attach the iPad and synch it via the 'Apps' tab at the top of the screen. Then remove the iPad. Next, connect the iPhone and then I should be able to manage the apps to synch, but I cannot see any apps available. Maybe this is different with iTunes v11?

I believe the same apps can sync using iCloud as well if you later want to do this. http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/pc.html

If all else fails I'll probably give that a try as well, but before that, I'd like to try a all other options.

If you want to sync apps in the future, you have two choices. By cable via iTunes (Download on iPad, sync to computer, then sync computer to iPhone). Or via iCloud synced downloads. (#4 on this page: http://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/ios.html)

The synching of new apps works very good. I tried installing a few new ones and the automagically also appear on my iPhone. It's just the ones that are already installed, more than 200 of them, that I can't seem to transfer. frown

Thanks for the help so far!