"wrt large song databases? Does it still use the existing FID layout, etc? Are we going to need a new version of emplode/jemplode? "

I'm hoping other people will pick up that challenge. Personally I could live without emplode, I never really made it work!, I hear jemplode is stable but I have yet to try it. I can understand that some poeple will want emplode, or at least proper database style playlist management!

I concentrated on getting the real time bits (displays, audio, menus etc) to work, it should be pretty simple bolt extra functionality onto it later.

The player will accept instructions to play a named track (or with a bit more hacking a FID). It should be possible to write another stand alone process to manage playlists and control centro player, failing that someone could always fork the code and add anything they like :-)

As for large databases on the MK1, i've no idea. The playlists stored in RAM are simply a list of partial path/filenames, should not eat much RAM. It would be possible to split the task partially into files if RAM becomes a problem. I've not noticed any specific MK1 problems but my playlist is only a couple of thousand tracks.

At the moment the player has no proper mp3 database at all so its all open for grabs. I might get time to re-visit the subject it in a few weeks.

Thanks, Jon

Edited by jonshouse (03/05/2013 07:46)