Quote:
I forget how that works, but Hijack has interfaces for "cooked" button press/release events.

I have that working, at the moment I decode the key/IR code and translate it into a string before passing it back to the player, my code on the player writes it to /proc/empeg_notify.

This code is on the originating machine, the string is written to the destination machine.
Quote:
convert_ir_to_name(void *st,long ircode)
{
switch (ircode)
{
case 0x00000000: sprintf(st,"BUTTON=Top"); break;
case 0x00000002: sprintf(st,"BUTTON=Right"); break;
case 0x00000004: sprintf(st,"BUTTON=Left"); break;
case 0x00000006: sprintf(st,"BUTTON=Bottom"); break;
case 0x0000000B: sprintf(st,"BUTTON=KnobLeft"); break;
case 0x0000000A: sprintf(st,"BUTTON=KnobRight"); break;
case 0x00000009: sprintf(st,"BUTTON=Knob"); break;
}
}

What I really want to do is the pass the raw 32 bit value back to the player, that way consumer IR itself can be proxied. I've not found a way so far.

IE The "Menu" key on the IR remote gives me 0x0020DF12, I pass this to the empeg player - my code on the player side needs to fake this as the reception of IR ?

With my own centro software if it sees text that is 10 bytes long and starts 0x then it processes it as an IR sequence. IE 0x00000000 will be interpreted as a key up event, 0x0020DF12 as a menu key etc, this means Centro will proxy the IR and key codes player to player with no problems but this doesn't help me with the original player software much :-)

I can see what I need to do but I need a raw interface I can write the IR code to, not sure if one exists. If not I will have to write a complete table for IR values to names :-( Would be nice if I could avoid that though, also would be good to go through the hijack IR translation on the destination device rather than the device receiving the IR ?

Thanks,
Jon

Edited by jonshouse (26/06/2013 22:43)