Originally Posted By: Dignan
Honest question: what do you guys think this all means for the Lightning connector? Is that going to go away?

E's passed on! Lightning is no more! 'E has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the iPhone 6, 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-CABLE!

Or something like that.

Quote:
What I'll be curious to see with the watch is the battery life. Apple's products are known for their battery life, and I'm just not sure this one is going to live up to that tradition. I feel like it's going to be about as good as the other smartwatches out there (aside from the Pebble).

If Android Wear is any guide, battery life has a lot to do with how often the watch has to wake up and do things. If you've got it set to pester you every time you get an email, then battery life will be poor. The more of that stuff you disable, the better it will do. Plus, Apple seems to have been extremely limited in what they're willing to let devs do on the watch. You're not going to see particularly fancy apps right away, nor custom watch faces, as are all the rage for Android Wear. If and when that changes, your choice of apps will have an impact on your battery life.