No pinout diagrams are necessary. The Empeg uses standard stereo line-level outputs, and those can be routed to any standard stereo line-level input (which can be found on many other car stereos these days, not just the one you described). They are clearly-labeled, standard-sized stereo RCA connectors.

However, if you have a CD changer, sometimes that is already taking up the Aux In jack on your head unit and you won't be able to add the Empeg directly into the system. So that could make things a little more complicated...

Since the Empeg comes with an Aux In as well, you could "Daisy Chain" the system if you wanted to. For example Changer-->HeadUnit-->Empeg-->Amps, or Changer-->Empeg-->HeadUnit-->Amps if you like. The only drawback to such a system is that the Empeg would need to be plugged in and turned on for the other components to make any sound.

There are also ways to buy/build a multi-input switch box, but that's probably more complicated than what you're after. See the "Installations" thread (farther down the main page) for more information on such a switch box.

All of the above complexites are due to the fact that cars and car stereos usually assume that you want only a single audio source, or occasionally two sources if you have a CD changer. No manufacturers have planned for the complexities of three sources like that.

But to be totally honest, the audio connections will be the least of your worries. The difficult part is going to be mounting the Empeg. If you don't have a free DIN-sized dash opening, there's not going to be a good place to put the thing. The mounting sleeve is designed to go into a dash opening, and there's no mounting brackets supplied for unusual custom-mount applications. You'll be totally on your own in that respect.

I often see folks talk about how they plan to add the Empeg on to an existing system like yours, and I honestly don't see the need for it. I'm much happier being completely CD-free, with the Empeg being my only stereo. It's not like it's somehow "substandard", and only good for supplemental music. It's a great primary stereo system, and it's better than any CD changer could ever be.

So you should consider replacing your head unit and changer with the Empeg. Although you can add it to an existing system, it will look much more professional and be much easier to use if it's the primary stereo. That's what it was designed to do.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144