My solution to the CD problem is mounting the AUX RCA jacks from the empeg in an accessable place. That way, my portable CD player or laptop can hook in to the cars speakers without having to use the tape adaptor I currently have. I typicially have either one in the car, and since my laptop has media controls on the front accessable with the lid closed, it can sit in the seat playing, and I can easially change tracks and such on the CD without looking at the laptop just as I can with the portable CD player. And so that way I can play that new CD on the way home. (Typicially both game or music CD's get this treatment).

As for buying electronicially and obtaining an electronic copy, I don't see this as the only way of getting music in the future. I still like the physical mediums too much. So many other people out there do as well. Having a physical medium is a good way of ensuring a lightning strike or other electronics damaging event won't wipe out all copies of something. Unless I had burned the They Might Be Giants MP3 album to CD, a lightning strike could have wiped out all my copies of it that I maintain on 3 different hard drives. Sure, APC would be paying for the equipment, but they can't pay for any data lost.

My empeg site is:http://24.236.3.131/empeg/