Let's see how well you know your trivia. For a big chocolate chip cookie, what PC demo group created the Scream Tracker (.S3M) format?

Well, that's an easy one - it was PSI from Future Crew. And coincidentally I also happen to know those people and quite some others also on the old demoscene days. Lord Bleys' guess of it being EMF is wrong, Edge/EMF just wrote some documentation for it - as he mainly was a musician.

I love nostalgia, and thinking of the old school PC demo days brings a tear to my eye. (Me and a buddy ran one of the top PC demo boards in the States back around 8 or so years ago, back when the PC demo scene was in its fledgling years... Anyone remember the Creativity Demo Network?)

Well, now that we got in - I also ran a highly demoscene oriented BBS called Triplex for over five years here in Finland. My BBS was running with three nodes and also was a part of CDN for some time.

If you were around in that era, our board was called The End of TiME. Ever hear of it? We were the biggest competition for the Powergrid at the time (A PC demo board that Syntax Error ran).

Yes, it rings a bell - probably I've read some messages that was sent on your board thru CDN. But the big internet pretty much made BBS'es not worth keeping anymore for some years ago already. But it's nice to notice the same kind of spirit in here also, where there are fairly small amount of people but which all are interested in the same kind of things.

Ahh how times have changed.

Yes - and a good observation again how small the world actually is :)

Kim