We've no reason to think that the demographic of future empeg owners is going to differ very much from current trends - you guys just happened to get into the queue a bit faster!

I dunno, Rob... think about the kind of person who would spend five to ten times the going price of a "normal" car stereo in order to have an untested, untried piece of delicate hardware from a company nobody had ever heard of to put in his car, running software (software! not a CD changer or something consumer-friendly) which in its earliest iterations might best be described as pre-beta. These are some REALLY special, technically astute people with an incredible willingness to share what they know! (Just ask Tony tfabris a question about Rush, and you'll learn more than you ever thought existed!) When the empeg becomes widely available and consumer friendly, the user base will change. Who was it that said, "The end result of making things foolproof is world filled with fools."?

When I think back over all the emails I have sent and received from literally dozens of participants on this bbs, and the thousands (yes, thousands!) of entertaining and informative posts I have read on this bbs... I would be hard pressed to find another bbs anywhere to even approach the quality of this one. Even if something should happen that I never get an empeg of my own (I'm #8741...) I've had a great time here on the 'board.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"