I got a package on Friday, and said "oh good, my backup player from Jeremy" has come. Opened it up and blew past the paperwork so I could start immediately testing it. It worked fine, I put the the new Beta (and Hijack of course) on it and started uploading tunes. I looked down at the bottom of Emplode and saw that it said I have 56 gigs or so left on it. I found this very odd because I ordered a 10 gig from carplayers. After all, it is a backup, and hopefully by the time my main one died the warranty would be void anyway and I can dump a cheap large hard drive into it. I thought maybe it was a gift upgrade or something, but I went back and looked at all that paper work I skipped over before, and discovered that this came from Sonic Blue itself. I placed this order over the phone (because their website was (and is) not working right for me) like a month ago with a woman that had obviously never taken a phone order and on a day when their computers were down. I have never seen any evidence that the order took at all, and no e-mails or information on the website showed anything. Given my past history with SB, I gave this up for a lost cause a long time ago. Tip of the hat to SB, they did me right this time.

So anyway, I just got my player from Jeremy today. So suddenly, from having 1 player (which is too little), I now have 3 (which is too many).

It works out I guess, my 60 becomes my main one(I have already filled it within a couple of gigs of its life), and the 10 remains my backup. And somebody is going to get a very nice gift from me. Anybody want to be my friend.