I came across this thread over on the EAC forums, and it does make for an interesting concept.

Every time a CD is ripped/inserted/used with EAC, EAC stores the FreeDB info for it in a file called CDDB.dat. If the user edits the information this corrected/updated info is stored instead. So slowly over time EAC builds up a database of the users CDs with the correct info so that if they should insert the same CD again it will have the correct info.

Now I have no idea why some one would be ripping their again unless it is because they want to rip them to different encoder - that is the only advantage I can see to this. Except for what is mentioned in that thread link above. You see it is possible to import someone else’s cddb.dat file into your and gain more info about CDs you don't have, and should you purchase them in the future your bigger cddb.dat file might have the details.

So why do this?
Well something I'm trying todo is to completely automate the ripping process, which is not that difficult todo. The clincher is the correct naming & tag info, 80% correct is only as good as 20% correct when you have to go back and double check everything.
We all know how good CDDB & FreeDB are, good enough most of the time to point you in the right direction but there is still the need for user input to correct things.
But if you knew that the info was 100% correct every time, you could just sit there feeding in CDs to your hearts content. Automation!

So what I'm asking for is do people think that this is a worth while endeavor?
It would take a bit of work on an individual bases, if someone could write some flexibly tools to be able to access the cddb.dat file for editing it would make it even easier. Especially if it could auto correct "Beetles, The" entries and included Roger's (right person?) proper case function that he wrote in Perl (going on a bad memory here).

Thoughts?