For what it's worth, I got a copy of the IASCA competition CD, ripped it, and loaded it into the empeg. Now, I'm no audiophile, so this is my subjective opinion, but I was easily able to distinguish the locations of the instruments and vocalists for all but a couple of the tracks. Those tracks which I had trouble with; I suspect, was really just my lack of 'audiophile grade' knowledge. However, in all fairness, there are instructions that come with the CD which show the general layout of the sound stage, and it's kind of hard to read the instructions without looking at the diagrams. Hence, I actually drew what I thought the sound staging was like a couple of weeks after I read the instructions. Partly due to the notion of wanting to let the prior knowledge evaporate from my memory, and partly due to procrastination; both successfully contributing to the desired result of forgeting what the diagrams looked like. For the most part, it worked, although, to be really unbiased, I should take it to one of the IASCA competitions, just to have a 'certified judge' do the listening. In the end, it's still a subjective opinion, but at least it would be 'judged' by someone who's (supposedly) done it before. (The reason I say 'supposedly' is that the IASCA people where attempting to recruit _me_ as a judge when I was picking up the CD. Go Figure.)