Cool! I'm impressed!

So am I!

Like I said, I don't know the mathematical basis for determining what one would expect by chance. In my previous post, I pulled some numbers out of the air, but I don't know if they were the right ones to go by.

Anyone know anything about statistics and random sampling? Out of 30 random runs, is a 21-9 ratio (slightly better than 1/3) significant or not?

I really hope so!

More importantly, though: How do you feel about the isolator now? After listening carefully to the same track 30 times in a row, and after 9 incorrect guesses (split evenly between the two possible guesses), do you still think there's a difference?

I can safely say that I'm sick to death of that song now - every time I hear it I get goosebumps! I still believe in the isolator pads to still use them, given that I could tell the difference in the majority of cases (70%). The amount of times I get to listen to music though, (i.e. in a quiet environment) is limited although I'm still quite lucky in that respect (no kids!).

I'd definitely recommend the pads (especially since mine were free), since the difference is probably siginificant enough for most people to bother.

Oh, and out of curiosity, how long did it take you to go through it all?

All in all about 3 hours. And without any doubt - it was very hard work (and all I did was listen!).

Cheers,

Paul.

PS Congratulations on the promotion to green

Paul Haigh, 6GB, Blue
Reg: 4120 - Serial 00254