Hi.

Well, the "club" where my domains are located (actually, I am one of the server admins there, it's a non-profit organization) provides some nice things to their members, among those:
  • 1 free domain
  • virtually unlimited webspace
  • shared 2Mbit (both directions of course) line
  • mail and news servers with remote access (pop3/nntp (with login)/smtp with smtpauth)
  • shell access on the shared webserver, so virtually any program can be run (but some like IRC bots&bouncers are deprecated).
  • dynamic dns
  • VPN for static IP (thus making IRC bouncers unnecessary)
  • SOCKS server
  • Of course all requirements mentioned earlier are met: MySQL (one database with any number of tables and rows as long as MySQL supports it) and PHP (4.something, updated on request or when security updates are available) are of course available. (This entry inserted in post-posting editing)
for a little under 10EUR/month. Currently we have a 2Mbit line that is about 80% saturated, but the 5.5-6GB of this BBS will hardly get noticed, with our >10GB/day of traffic right now. The line saturation should go down considerably soon, when a new dedicated line for our usenet feeds gets connected.
I could ask the other admins and our "board of directors" if they would accept hosting the BBS for free, but I don't actually think they would agree to that. Send me an email if I should do this anyway.

cu,
sven

Edited by smu (08/07/2002 19:44)