ok here are my findings so far. i found that i am currently on hijack 280 (i had forgotten heh). problem happens all the time, reproducable. my last update was from hijack 278. reloaded this on. tested - problem gone! did all kinds of things to get it to happen - no go - it turned on instantly and with zest each time. ok, reloaded hijack 280 back on. instantly - problem again.

i notice that, with 280, when it happens, the display seems to "fade in" from black (more descriptively, it "fades in" center first, then it works towards the left and right sides, far left and right coming in last) - this 'fade' happens only in about 1 sec tho.

with 278 on, the screen lights up instantly. no fade, pops to full brightness straight away, no battery icon, no problem.

anyway thats what ive got for now. its late so im scheduling the latest hijack, and 2.0b13 emplode and developer image to download overnight and see what happens. i'll try 2.0b13 first with no hijack, then again with hijack, may also experiment with the different versions of 278 and 280.

can definitely say that somethings affected the unit in hijack 280 that 278 seems to leave alone.

however if im misinterpreting, or if someone else can back this up or argue against it im curious to find out!