In reply to:

I no longer get the battery icon but now when I leave the car for a while and then come back and start it the empeg boots up and then goes into standby. I know the empeg would go into standby if it was in standby when the car was shut off but now it goes into standby regardless. To make it even more strange if it is playing and I remove it from the sled and then put it back it reboots and plays fine, the problem only seems to happen if the car is off for a while.

I've seen this (not necessarily every time) for several months. It's not often that I leave the player in the car - normally I shut off the car and remove the player (often in the other order) and it's fine. Most times, it resumes as expected, but sometimes it boots into standby. Not often enough to bug me, in all fairness.

Anyway, I returned yesterday and upgraded Hijack from v340 to v362, so I'll look out for it occurring on the new one. I wonder if it's a general issue with saving state on power fail? (and therefore dependent on whether it was in standby on the previous shutdown)?