ok, after an annoying amount of running from room to garage and back, and flashing in between, heres what ive found

at last post i confirmed that with 2.0b11 and hijack 278 there is no prob. with 280 there is the prob. i then went up to 2.0b13 (no hijack) - problem gone! i do believe some people have posted saying they had this issue after going to 2.0b13 - not so for me.

then i put hijack 286 onto my new working 2.0b13 - problem back again. mark brought back 279 so i tried that - problem gone again.

so it is an issue from 279-280. i looked at marks code attachment and nearly went immediately insane so i closed the browser window promptly...

i also saw that there is now 288 as the latest since yesterday, so i grabbed that as tried it as well, no luck, still battery icon rah rah.

my amps have a long turn on delay so i cannot tell if music starts immediately as the unit is awakened (even tho the display/LED are both fully dead...) so i cannot comment on that - however after doing it over and over i do feel that the sound comes on LATER, when the battery icon problem occurs, than when all is working normally. this isnt concrete tho.

anyway it seems to be an issue between 279 and 280 that has not yet been resolved in versions up till the latest (288 at time of post)

oh yeah - i did the 'force DC" modes and all that, it doesnt happen on AC power - only when docked in car.

mark if that narrows it down for you and youre bothered to have a nosey into it, you now have the controls sir