Okay, I have managed to reproduce this condition again (finally!) with a Mk2a in a Home Dock. But only when an Empeg Tuner is attached (special dock!).

Unplug the tuner, and all is normal. Plug in the tuner, and we get the battery icon off of standby condition. Happens with at least two of my three players (haven't bothered trying the third).

So.. I've been poking at the theory that the voltage takes longer to rise when a tuner is attached, and so if I simply disable powerfail detection a bit longer than the default of about 100ms after resume (from standby), the problem ought to go away again.

A 2-second delay definitely works for me! Now I'll try shorter delays. I may also revamp the entire "delay" mechanism, as currently the code (from original Empeg kernels) uses a 100ms in-line busy-wait loop, with interrupts disabled. Much better, at least for the coming from standby case, would be to simply schedule_timeout(HZ/10) for the same approximate delay in a friendlier fashion.

I'll poke at it some more, and release a fix (for my players anyway) in Hijack v352 later today.

Cheers