Hi,

It's a pefectly functional serial port when docked - a serial port doesn't need to have any control lines to still be a serial port, it just needs transmit, receive, and ground (which is missing unfortunately - see above!).

What get's up my goat, is that fact that empeg have changed the specification to the serial port (which is their right I guess) from the MK1 to the MK2, when they know people were developing applications for the empeg. I personally have 150 UKP invested in PCB's for a Sony RM-X2S interface board, I've got 50 made up and was waiting to test on the MK2 before releasing the 1st batch. This will now require an additonal cable to support the missing Ground & 12V lines. I know I haven't made a big thing of the interface, it's been something I've been playing around with when I get the odd moment, but it was neat that it just needed to be screwed onto the empeg's serial lead and away it went!

For information: -
Completed a 25G download session onto the MK2, it took 26 hours without a hitch using USB.

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>