As far as I remember, there never was a voltage feed on the PC 9-pin DTE serial connector anyway!

John, you could supply your kit with three of those blue IDC splice connectors from 3M (Scotchlok) and by dint of a bit of careful instruction, get buyers to splice into the feed and ground lines of the sled harness, then also splice pin 7 wire of the serial connector into a suitable signal ground. That way you'd only need two flying wires and three Scotchloks extra per kit. Not as neat, I grant you, but I have had just this sort of effort from one of the largest Mini parts suppliers in the UK, so you would be in good company

Hugo, surely, if the pin 7 wire in the serial connector is actually still in there, then you could pre-splice this to a ground line with the same Scotchlok splicers before despatch? This would mean someone sitting down with a pair of pliers and 4,000 harnesses and Scotchloks, and just plodding through them. If you pay for my lunch I'll pop over from NL and do it for you this weekend if you like - OK?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015