I've just finished interfacing my new Oncore board to my empeg - and Wow. This rocks.

I have a couple of comments/requests;

1) Can we get the satellite signal strengths available in a display? Bargraphs would be nice - but I'd settle for textual.

2) The waypoint logic gets confused. An example - X is the start point. w are other waypoints, z is a point of confusion.

X-----------w
\
\
\
w---------------z---------------w

At point z, gpsapp determines that X is the nearest waypoint and starts to give me directions for the first waypoint again.

3) Can you provide a way to manually switch between waypoints?

4) I'd really like a way to toggle the textual instruction overlay. Given the limited resolution of the screen and the fact that the instructions from maponsys (by their own admission) are sometimes funky, relying on the line representation is sometimes more useful - but the instruction obliterates the bottom 20% of the screen.

5) Can you move the scale marker? - it gets hidden by the fascia bug. I figure that I'm more likely to want to glance at the scale than the co-ordinate, so may swap their positions?

6) I don't know how technically feasible this is, but would it be possible to (optionally) rotate the map so that the perceived direction of travel is up. We'd probably need a bearing indicator too, so that we keep our sanity, and somehow indicate clearly when this mode is selected (for the same reason). I figure that when driving 'by-wire' as opposed to following the text instructions, that this rotated mode may be easier to follow.

7) Is it possible to rebroadcast the NMEA messages over IRDA ?

8) Can we somehow use GPS time to set the empegs clock?

Hmmm..ok, so maybe more than a couple. Anyway...thanks!

Edit: Oh yuck. I've just notice that my lovely ascii art got screwed by the bbs software. Anyway, those lines are supposed to be linked.

Edited by genixia (11/10/2002 15:24)