Ok... Here we are, back at domestic appliances and gadgets again...

As someone else indicated in a past thread, Dyson, excellent UK-based maker of vacuums and washing machines, now has a US presence. They have started selling three upright models in the US. I've written to them about other models, but at this time, they have no plans to retail anything but the three uprights stateside. Arrrgh.

I'm interested in the DC08 (www.dyson.co.uk) but it obviously needs to be 110v. I don't relish buying one and then having to use it with an ugly transformer. What's the likelihood of having one modified for use here in Canada? They're not cheap vacuums by any stretch, but if someone's already going to pay large coin for something like a Miele, I think that money is better spent on a Dyson. If I had any interest in this beyond my own consumer needs (and if there weren't already about a thousand vacuum shops in the Toronto area), I might consider selling the brand. Hmmm, maybe there's money to be made in wholesale for these...

People keep bugging me for a Christmas gift list (not something I normally do). I should just say HERE: I want a Dyson DC08 Hepa/Turbobrush and one of their dual-drum washers. Or some cash and a plane ticket to the UK.

Bruno