Quote:
I'm a new Dyson owner too! I also bought the DC11 Telescope and plan to give it a good workout tomorrow. I compared it to the Animal upright and decided to give a canister a try. Seems easier for cleaning under furniture which I tend to avoid since it's usually a pain in the butt.

I hadn't noticed that new model (DC11) was out.

From the Dyson web site it looks like Dyson have combined the previous models offering of two seperate brush heads into one brush that combines both hard and soft (e.g. carpet) brushes into one.

The model I have (DC08) has a seperate carpet/pet hair brush and that works wonders with the volume of fur the cats shed over everything.

Be prepared to be amazed at the sheer volume of pet hair and dirt it drags out of the carpets - even though you'd swear the carpets were already clean.

And unlike other vacuum cleaners, you can see the dirt its collected almost from the first instant you run the brush over your floors.

The one thing that does amaze me is how come most of the fur that the Dyson picks up is brown coloured - when we only have one cat with brown fur.