Can't help you on the 110 volt issue.

But I just bought a DC08 with HEPA and Turbobrush a couple of weeks back [the purple and bright green model].

And I got to say that the Dyson is the best vacuum I've ever seen (and used).

That turbobrush really pulls the pet hair out of the (100% wool) carpet, cleans the cat hairs off the furniture that other vacuums wouldn't touch.

I can't say about the dual-drum washing machine - I thought that was an old idea.

Maybe santa will be nice and give you a DC08 running on 110 volt, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
The main issue I can see is that the motor is probably specially designed for 240 volts, so you'd need a special 110 volt motor.
It is possible that the motor from the 110Volt upright could be fitted into a DC08, but again thats a real unknown, and then you would have to replace the "pull out" cord with a 110 volt certified one (which would need to be much thicker than the 240 volt power cord and so the retractable cord thingy wouldn't probably work, or you'd end up with a really short power cord).

BTW: As for others comments the clear plastic "drum" getting scruffy/scratched ion the inside, its probably a easy part to replace and if thats all that goes wrong with a Dyson then thats a small price to pay for a decent vacuum.