Quote:
I'm wondering now if I shouldn't have gotten the DC07 Animal.

From reading the DC11 specs it seems to me that the DC11 "brush" is in-fact a combined model that does BOTH Pet hair and regular hard surface floors in one go.
But I may be wrong on that point.

Our DC08 came with two separate brushes, and I must admit I use the Carpet one on everything as its just so much simpler when you only have to carry one brush about (attached to the end of the telescoping "wand").

In any case, if I am wrong, then perhaps the Pet hair brush accessory for the DC07 will fit the DC11, giving you the best of both worlds [small form factor and storage etc of the DC11 with the DC07's pet hair removal power]. The pet hair/carpet brush on my DC08 uses the power of the suction to turn the pet hair collection part of the brush - so I can't see why it wouldn't work on a newer Dyson provided the connectors were compatible.

Can't comment on the Sebo, but ANY vacuum cleaner that needs bags is a problem IMHO - you will always run out of them (bags) at inconvenient moments.
(been there, done that).

In any case I *LIKE* seeing all that dirt and stuff piling up inside my Dysons clear dirt collector - it sure gives you the feeling of achievement that you *MUST* be cleaning the house - look at all the dirt you've collected.

You don't get that feeling with a bag cleaner that just loses its sucking power as the bag clogs up with dirt/dust.

In any case Dyson deserves to have some success - he sure has tried very hard to make a concept workable and I'm sure he's no saint, but he does deserve some credit for putting Engineering back into "Product Design".

I regard the Dyson as the Empeg of Vacuum cleaners.

Can't comment on their washers though.