I'm not one to revive really old threads, but i'm trying to conserve resources, so I thought I'd recycle. Sort of like using an old newspaper to line a birdcage.

I got one. Woohoo! Took delivery of a brand-new Dyson DC11 (Telescope) on Monday morning. As mentioned in a previous thread, they were recently introduced in the US. I must have been the only one that didn't see their commercials on US TV.

I have not given it a workout yet, but the sheer wow-factor has left me impressed since I cracked open the box. Actually, even the box was smart, with full-colour printing and matte finish on all 6 sides. No wonder these things aren't cheap.

Theres currently no Canadian distribution nor retail availability, so I had to eBay. Ended up saving US$100 when compared to SRP though. I hope Dyson does well in North America and that they consider bringing over the DC08 I mentioned in the original posting, as well as their washing machines (though it will be a while before I need to replace the existing one).

Hopefully I'll take a little break from the home gadgets for a while. Had to pop for a new lawn mower a few weeks ago as well. Quite happy with it too: B&D 24V cordeless electric (I was sick and tired of gas mowers).

Bruno