I just got my Harmony 768 today ... I gotta say, I'm really impressed with this thing. It mostly just works, which is rare. There are a couple of kinks i need to work through -- for instance, I have a Hughes HDVR2 (almost a Series2 TiVo, but not quite), and there wasn't an exact device match... everything works except the channel guide they have seems to only send the last two of three channel numbers (so "254" becomes "54"). The "statefulness" is really cleverly implemented too ... and it's a really nice interface when things get out of sync. For instance, everything is off and i select 'watch a dvd". it turns on the tv, turns on the receiver, turns on the dvd player, switches the tv to input 4, and the receiver to multichannel. What's cool is that the first time i did this, the tv wasn't switched to the right input. So I hit the help button and it says "is the dvd player on?" (yes), "is the receiver on?" (yes), "is the receiver on multichanne?" (yes), "is the tv on?" (yes), "is the tv on input 4?" (i select no), "now is the tv on input 4?" (...) i do this 3 more times till it steps through to input 4. Once it gets there, I select "yes" and it remembers how to do it after that. It's really a good implementation.

And the website part -- I was a bit apprehensive about the web-based updating thing. But I gotta say, they did a really good job at it. It could have been a mess, but it is really pretty intuitive. They step you through al lthe basic activities and obviously one of the benefits of the website is that it's always up to date with the latest and greatest IR database and channel guides.

One kind of neat thing (once my channel changing issue is resolved -- i sent an email to support -- i'll post on here when I see how responsive/helpful they are) is that it lets you download guide data onto the remote... Now, yes, this is also on the TiVo, but it's actually a faster UI if you're navigating live programs to just scroll the remote wheel.

I will say that it is a _little_ (and i emphasize little) weird how the different modes change the meanings of buttons (i.e. number buttons become navigation buttons for different tivo modes), but you pretty much immediately get used to it.

That's about it so far ... I'll post more after I play around some.

ms