I'll post more after a couple days of use ... I'm almost certainly going to customize it more before it's all said and done.

My TV is the latter (press 4 times). Well, technically there are discrete codes for my TV, but as far as I can tell, the Harmony's database only contains the "stock" codes that come on the original remote. So you do have to keep the remote pointed at least roughly in the right direction while it's sending macros, but it happens pretty quickly. It has a configurable intrakey-delay also, so if you find that it's slow and you know your device can handle the codes faster, you can lower the delay -- i did this for my TiVo, in fact. So the kind of neat thing about the 4-in-a-row is that the remote is statement and it knows anchor keys, so it knows what input you're currently on and it knows how to get to the right input, so if you're on input 2 and the activity you're switching to is on input 4, it knows to just hit input twice.

Another thing i noticed is that it's pretty slick about how it does key delays -- across devices it doesn't bother, so when you hit Power Off, it apparently sends a billion signals a second because every device I own appears to turn off immediately. That was cool to see.

ms