Probably ordering it later this week. (Is this what thread hijacking feels like?)
Nice. I bet an STI would still womp that though. heheh

Ditto, welcome to the Soobie club (for Men).
Thanks... i'll be checking out fellow subie installs soon to see what you guys did.

Loren, you'd be surprised how many dealers are "mod friendly" and will let you mod the car w/o voiding your warranty. Ask you local section of NASIOC.com, i-club.com, or clubwrx.net (my new favorite) which dealers are good.
Yeah, i'm not waiting to do mods because i'm worried about the warranty... it's just a cashflow issue. Actually, the one of the main reasons i drove to Santa Cruz Subaru is their mod friendly attitude. They are pretty well known as being one of the best dealers in CA. Their techs frequently post on NASIOC and all mod the hell out of their cars themselves... plus they have a nice little sports shop that sells performance parts.

Damn, looks like you've done a good deal of work to yours! Have you had it dyno'd? I'm probably going to go with all Vishnu parts when i get to it, because they are local and i can just drive over and have them tune and dyno it. I'm gonna order the Kartboy short shifter soon... might be my first mod since it's relatively cheap. I gotta read up on the "free" do it yourself mods too... like the resonator and ground mod stuff. Modding the WRX to any decent level in CA pretty much means breaking emissions laws. AND we have to deal with 91 octane as the highest we can get at the pump.

I'm definitely going to post on NASIOC and I-club to see what other empeggers are around when i get to installing it. Thanks for the links too! I'll check them out tomorrow.

Have fun jamming the empeg in there It's a huge pain in the ass, but my install came out pretty nice.
heheh... yeah, it looks like it's not exactly plug and play. Should be a good first project though.