in case you haven't noticed i haven't had much car luck lately.

I'm having this really cosmic vibe that your luck has changed in a big way. Congratulations!

We just got back from 2 days of sliding the WRX through gravel and water hazards on this beautiful rally in eastern WA. We placed poorly (we were trying out a different calc software which turned out to be a stinker) but we had a complete blast and I just can't think of a better ride for the sideways stuff. I don't think I would want 300HP in our baby without a roll bar, though! Stock HP is plenty to power out of oopsies but still easy to moderate. For what we do, 300 HP would mostly mean more wheel spin (but I suppose I could try it!).

My only running gear mods so far are rear sway bar, K&N filter and stainless brake lines (and a front skid plate later this month), but I may start thinking about some others for next year. If I could hit 265 HP, I could match race Bitt in the Volvo!

I'm going to glass up a new sub enclosure in July, but I don't think it is what you want. It will fit *inside* my full-size spare (just a single 8" Solobaric), as I need to free up more cargo space and I decided that the mini-spare and that storage tray were not useful.

The various, fractured NASIOCs/I-Clubs are a great resource, albeit with a much lower S/N ratio and some HOW-TO that seems to suffer from lack of critical peer review. Still good, though. Plus, a great place to watch for used gear. I got a set of 4 OE wheels+tires for $250 and just received a glovebox from Montana for $30. Now, if I can only find some 15" Raceline RL-7s!!

Have a blast. Don't test the airbags!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.