SE, I disagree with pretty much everything you said, but one thing in particular struck me as something I had to comment on:

> A similar case with the war on terror... Besides the "Bush haters" who are still upset over the election of 2000 and others who are just hopeless party liners,

You know, I didn't hate Bush at first. I admit I am a Democrat and I did vote for Gore, though I was not crazy about him either. Frankly, until 9/11 I thought Bush was kind of dumb but basically harmless. I had no real ill feeling towards him. But then he cynically used the tragedy of 9/11 for his own partisan political gain. He used it to damage civil liberties, he used it as a cover to slip anti-consumer laws in while everyone was concentrating on our loss, and he used it as an excuse to start an unjustified war with Iraq that people in his administration had wanted for years before 9/11 ever happened. I do not hate Bush because I am a Democrat or am mad about the election, he has fully earned my hatred purely through his own actions.